The Musamdam peninsula
Day 1 Meet in Dubaï
We will greet you in Dubai. Transfer by private vehicle to Khasab where our traditional dhow boat awaits. Night at anchor in the clear blue waters of the Persian Gulf.
Accommodation: On board
Day 2 Dubaï - Khasab - Khor Ash Sham Fjord
The gentle rays of sun light wake us; we are in Sham Bay. We are privileged to be at the passage near to the sugar loaf which marks the entry into the fjords of Arabia - this is a perfect place to observe dolphins swimming in the eddies. Enjoy a swimming break to discover the rich local marine fauna. Then, we sail towards the bottom of the bay, the throne, the island of Sibi. A second snorkeling break here is a must, it is not uncommon to see eagle rays in this area.
The small crew take care to prepate a fresh and varied buffet for lunch. Maybe you can provide the catch of the day!
This evening, we disembark on a beautiful sandy beach in the area of Fanakhah. From here we see the Persian Gulf on the horizon and approximately of Iran, one hundred kilometers away.
Breakfast and lunch on board. Dinner and overnight in tents on a sandy beach.
Day 3 Return to Khasab and transfer to Dubai
After a good breakfast, a fast boat takes us back to Khasab in around 15 minutes. This trip enables us to observe, one last time, the lively cormorants who reside in the cliffs. In Khasab, we are met by our driver and escorted back to Dubai, you can be dropped off wherever you wish.
Route, distances and sailing times are customizable.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- All transfers as detailed in itinerary
- Full board excluding meals in Dubai
- Your private use of our traditional dhow boat
- Accompaniment by a captain and cook
- Camping equipment for you night on the beach
- Flights and air taxes
- Your Oman visa: around €15, you can reserve this online at https://evisa.rop.gov.om before your depart
- Accommodation in Dubai
- Snorkelling equipment
- Tips, drinks and personal expenses
- Pick up at Khasab airport (in case you come from Muscat) - applied reduction.
- Extension of your stay in a dhow or a day +/or night to visit the village of Kumzar (the guardians of the Strait of Ormuz) - additional supplement.
- We can also organize a night in the sand desert of Rub al Khali when returning to Dubai - consult us.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- A quality tent per two people
- A comfortable sleeping matt for on the deck of the dhow and in your tent
- Equipment on board the dhow
- A sleeping bag - comfort 10°C
- Quality sunglasses (filter lenses)
- Water bottle(s) - min 1L
- Sun cream - waterproof
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Personal toiletries - think small and biodegradable if possible, shampoo for saltwater recommended
- Toilet paper
- A sunhat
- T-shirts - some long-sleeved for the sun - synthetic, fast drying materials
- A warm jacket for evenings by the sea
- A lightweight wind proof waterproof jacket - breathable (Gore-Tex...)
- Light weight trousers or cropped pants
- Sarongs / long skirts for women are welcomed
- Socks - for walking
- Sports sandals are great in the water and for camping on the beach
- A swim suit
- Swimming shorts
- Rash vest / lyra t-shirt
- Shoes which can go in the water
- A small towel - fast drying micro fibre towel recommended
- Snorkelling equipment - mask, snorkel and flippers
- A pocket knife
- A personal first aid kit
- Wet wipes
- Anti bacterial hand gel
- Matches / a lighter